Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday September 3 2011

Catching up again....Last WOD was Thursday and it was a skills day:

Training:
A: Handstand Push Ups...work on Range of Motion 2-3 each time 7 minutes
B: Bench Press 135#'s 8 rounds of 2 @ 20X1 rest 1 minute between rounds
C: Work om Overhead Squat chest up shoulders active 7 minutes
D: GHD sit ups 10 reps with 1 minute rest between rounds x 4

Results:
Good skills day:
A: Tried to move my hands out wider...wanted to see if I could go deeper this way...worked a little bit but I felt weaker pushing back up...keep working them
B: Bench Press was good able to maintain tempo
C: This was good haven't done these in a while so even an empty bar felt heavy at first...added a little weight, but worked more on form then weight.
D: GHD sit ups are always good...have felt them the past few days...

I took Friday off to get ready for 31 Heroes today...GLAD I DID...WOW what a WOD...just a reminder in case you didn't see it

Partner WOD go for 31 minutes AMRAP
Partner 1 starts with 8 Thrusters @ 155#....6 rope climbs 25ft....11 box jumps @ 30"...
Partner 2 starts with 400m run carrying 45# sand bag..

I did it RX with Jeff....we got in 4 rounds plus the thrusters and 2 rope climbs...
I couldnt have asked for a better partner..we just kept going and worked at a steady pace...
I have to say all the training I have been doing with Coach has paid off and it showed today...No way could I do 155# thrusters a few months ago...now not only did I do them I managed to make it thru the WOD without visiting Pukie!..Great job Coach and great job Jeff.....Congrats and job well done by all other Redliners who showed up to "Bring It"...or just to cheer us on...

No comments:

Post a Comment