Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday August 31, 2011

OK a little catching up to do.  I took today as a rest day.  Here is what I did Monday and Tuesday.
Back on nights so sleep is all jacked up again...getting in at midnight or so trying to go right to bed and get up at 0700 to get the girls up for school...I guess I'm getting 5-6 hours a night....

Monday Training:

A: Front squat @ 20X1 10-12 rest 3 minutes x 3
B: Walking Lunges with Kettle Bells in front rack (heavy) 16 steps rest 90 seconds x 3
C: Side Bridge 30 sec a side rest 10 seconds x 4 per side

Results:
A: I did 135#'s at 10 reps each time...I felt good the three minutes was enough recovery time to hit the next set hard and get thru it.
B: Walking Lunges I did with two 35# kettle bells...man these were tough...the bells put pressure on your chest making it hard to breathe...plus they got heavy...my arse was sore from these...but I liked them...
C: Side bridges went well...I felt good each time and made the 30 second mark each time..

Tueasday Training (my ass still hurts from the lunges!)

A: Barbell Bent over row @ 20X2 8-10 repsw rest 2 minutes x 4
B: Kipping Pull Ups 15 fast rest 30 seconds x 5
C: Dumbell Extension Rotations with 15#'s @ 3010 6-8 rest 1 minute between arms x 2
D: Back Extensions @ 4022 10-12 reps rest 1 minute x 3

Results

A: Barbell rows went good...I had coach there to make a few adjustments which was nice and I added 5#'s for 50# reps...completed 10 each time..felt the difference when form corrected

B: Kipping pull ups went good for rounds 1-3..I was able to stay on the bar  I had to come on rounds 4-5...30 sec rest went fast and caught up with me...

C: DB Ext ROT...for such an simple exercise these suck...I did 6 each round and my arms were on fire at this point...keep them comong..or I need to continue these on my own...

D: Back Ext always wipe me out at the end...I did 10 each round and fought the tempo...

So then I decided to try and do the 155# thruster for 31 Heroes...I will be doing it with Jeff and I wanted to be sure I could do some...I have to say I impressed myself...155# was my old max on Power Cleans...not only did I clean it I was able to complete the movement three times!   This really showed me that all this training is paying off...Thanks Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment