Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday June 9, 2011

Sleep was not my friend again.  We were out late last night on a mission so I didn't get in until close to 1am.  I guess I got around 5hrs of sleep.  Today was the last day of school so that may improve my sleep a little.  Anyway it was off to the box first thing in the morning.  I had the usual cup of joe prior to workout.

Training:
A: Strict Chin Ups @ 30X1 6-8 Reps Rest 3 min x 3
B: Dumbell Step Ups @ 4222 10-12 Reps Rest 1 min between legs x 4
C; Reverse Sled Drag @ 165#'s Constant Pace at toe heel step for 60 seconds rest 3 mins x4

Results:

Well I had the pleasure of having Laura join me for the workout.  It was nice because misery loves company.  The chin ups were good, again the tempo added to the challange.  I felt really good and probally could have added a little weight.  It was hard not to kip.
The DB Step Step Ups were a challange, the tempo kept me honest, but made it hard to keep steady.  When I was lowering my left leg I could feel my right leg all over the place and had to put my foot against the box a few times.  When lowering my right leg I felt more stable and in control again showing my left leg is dominate.
Reverse Sled was drag was fun.  Once I got the proper step down I found it easy to keep the pace and the sled wasn't that heavy.  Could have easily dragged more.  It was a unique burn in the knee area and made you work.

Nutrition:
Post WOD: Had my fruit right after the WOD again and then 3 scrambled eggs mixed with ham slices added 4 slices of turkey bacon to up the protein.  25.8g Fat, 30g Carb, 39.9g Protein

2nd Meal: Ham slices and salad with some almonds: 34.6g Fat, 18g Carb, 33.9g Protein

3rd Meal: Chicken Breast with Broccoli and one link of chicken apple sausage: 29g Fat, 12g Carb, 68g Protein

Snack: Carrotts and Beef Jerkey: 17.3g Fat, 31.5g Carb, 46.2g Protein.

Todays Total: 106g Fat, 92.9g Carb, 188.1g Protein

If I have forgotten to mention I do take Fish Oil every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment